UT Health East Texas - North Campus is a health institution located in Tyler, Texas. Originally named "East Texas Tuberculosis Sanitarium", it was established in 1947 as a tuberculosis treatment facility at the location of Camp Fannin. The University of Texas System assumed management of the center in 1977. Formerly named "University of Texas Heath Science Center at Tyler" the named changed after the creation of UT Health East Texas which was formed by the merger of UT Health Northeast and East Texas Medical Center.
The center serves as both a hospital — caring for over 140,000 patients annually — and medical research facility.
A Camp Fannin Memorial stands today on the campus.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license