Randolph College is a private liberal arts and sciences college located in Lynchburg, Virginia, United States. Founded in 1891 as Randolph-Macon Woman's College, it was renamed on July 1, 2007, when it became coeducational.
The college offers 29 majors, 30 minors, pre-professional programs in law, medicine, veterinary medicine, engineering, and teaching, and dual degree programs in engineering and nursing. Bachelor of arts, bachelor of science and bachelor of fine arts degrees are offered. Randolph offers master of arts in teaching and master of education degrees.
The College, which has always been known for preparing its alumnae and alumni to succeed in a global environment with study abroad programs, recently announced Bridges Not Walls, a Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) required by its regional accrediting agency (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools). Bridges Not Walls, approved by the College's faculty during 2010, is designed to enhance students' intercultural competence.
Randolph is one of only 240 colleges and universities in the United States with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter.
Randolph operates a study abroad program, Randolph College Abroad: The World in Britain at the University of Reading, England.
Randolph is an NCAA Division III school competing in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC). The college fields varsity teams in six men's and eight women's sports. The coed riding team competes in both the ODAC and the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association.
Notable alumni include author Pearl S. Buck, who won the Nobel Prize and Pulitzer Prize, former U.S. Senator Blanche Lincoln, and CNN senior political correspondent Candy Crowley.
Randolph is a member of The Annapolis Group of colleges in the United States, the Council of Independent Colleges in Virginia, and the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $29,866.00 avg tuition
2500 Rivermont Ave
Lynchburg, VA 24503-1555
Areas of Study:
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
Schools Near Randolph College
|Lynchburg General Hospital School of Nursing||1.4mi|
|Virginia University of Lynchburg||3.1mi|
|Miller-Motte Technical College-Lynchburg||5.2mi|
|Central Virginia Community College||5.5mi|
|Sweet Briar College||9.6mi|
|Southern Virginia University||23.2mi|
|Washington and Lee University||28.5mi|
|Virginia Military Institute||30.9mi|
|Jefferson College of Health Sciences||43.9mi|