Telshe Yeshiva (also spelled Telz) is the American transplant of a famous European yeshiva of the same name.
In 1870, this famous Eastern European yeshiva was founded in the Lithuanian town of Telšiai (Yiddish: טעלז "Telz"). During World War II the yeshiva began relocating to Wickliffe, Ohio, in the United States and is now known as the Rabbinical College of Telshe, (commonly referred to as Telz Yeshiva or Telz in short.)
Telshe in Ohio is one of the most prominent Haredi institutions of Torah study in the United States, and is experiencing an influx of students from across the country. This yeshiva has branches in Chicago and New York.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license