Northwestern Connecticut Community College (also known as NCCC) is a public community college in Winsted, Connecticut. As measured by enrollment it is the smallest or second-smallest of the twelve colleges in the Connecticut Community Colleges system.
The school has an open admissions policy. Classes are offered in two semesters (fall and spring) as well as a summer session and a winter intersession (usually held in January).
NCCC has about 1,600 full- and part-time students enrolled. A commuter school with no dormitories, the college's primary service area includes twenty towns in Litchfield County. Tunxis Community College in Farmington, Capital Community College in Hartford and Asnuntuck Community College in Enfield are the nearest of the state's other community colleges.
Along with credit and non credit certificates, the college grants the Associate in Arts and the Associate in Science degrees.
Dr. Barbara Douglass is president of the school.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $9,288.00 avg tuition
Park Pl E
Winsted, CT 06098
Areas of Study:
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
Schools Near Northwestern Connecticut Community College
|Brio Academy of Cosmetology-Torrington||8.9mi|
|Bristol Technical Education Center||16.3mi|
|Tunxis Community College||17.6mi|
|Branford Hall Career Institute-Windsor Campus||18.6mi|
|Saint Joseph College||19.4mi|
|University of Hartford||19.7mi|
|Westfield State University||19.9mi|
|Lincoln College of New England-Southington||21.2mi|
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Hartford||21.6mi|
|Lincoln College of New England-Hartford||21.6mi|
|Central Connecticut State University||21.8mi|
|Charter Oak State College||22.0mi|
|Albert I Prince Technical High School||22.1mi|