John F. Kennedy University is a nonprofit, private university located in Pleasant Hill, California, with satellite campuses in San Jose and Berkeley. It was founded in 1964 to focus on providing continuing opportunities for non-traditional higher education. Enrollment is approximately 1,600 (as of fall 2010) with no campus housing. The faculty consists of over 700 adjunct faculty employed in their subject areas in addition to about 60 full-time academics.
JFK University has three colleges – Undergraduate Studies, Graduate and Professional Studies, and Law. The University also has a Continuing Education division.
In April 2009, JFKU became an affiliate of the National University System. JFK University retained its name, identity and accreditation as an independent university.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $14,400.00 avg tuition
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523-4817
Areas of Study:
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts