California State University, Fresno, often referred to as Fresno State, is one of the top-ranked campuses comprising the California State University system. It is located at the northeast edge of Fresno, only 58 miles from Yosemite National Park. The university has a total enrollment of 22,565 students including undergraduate, graduate, and post-baccalaureate students.
U.S. News & World Report ranks Fresno State 6th in public regional universities in California, 9th in public regional universities in the West (all the western states from Hawaii and Alaska to Texas and Oklahoma), and 38th in all regional universities, both public and private, in the West.
U.S. News & World Report ranks Fresno State's graduate program in Rehabilitation Counseling #13 in the entire nation. At the graduate level, Fresno State also boasts the following nationally ranked programs: part-time MBA, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Speech-Language Pathology, and Social Work.
The Princeton Review ranks Fresno State's Sid Craig School of Business MBA Program #45 in the nation. The GMAT score for students in this program averages in the top 30 percentile nationwide.
In Forbes Magazine's "America's Best Colleges List for 2013," Fresno State is ranked in the top 44% of universities nationwide at #359. This ranking places Fresno State 6th out of the 23 California State University campuses and outranking some UC campuses.
Fresno State has a selective admission rate of 58%. The university offers 95 Bachelor's degrees, 51 Master's degrees, 7 Doctoral degrees, and 20 different teaching credentials.
The university's unique facilities include on-campus raisin and wine grape vineyards and a commercial winery, where student-made wines have won over 300 awards since 1997. Fresno State is one of only a few universities world-wide that have an on-campus planetarium, operated by the Physics Department. Members of Fresno State's nationally ranked Top 10 Equestrian Team have the option of housing their horses on campus, next to indoor and outdoor arenas. Fresno State boasts a newly opened state-of-the-art Student Recreation Center and one of the biggest libraries in the California State University system.
The campus sits at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in the San Joaquin Valley. The city of Fresno is the fifth largest city in California. The university is within an hour's drive of many mountain and lake resorts and within a three-hour drive of both Los Angeles and San Francisco. Yosemite National Park is only 58 miles from campus.
Fresno State operates on a semester schedule. The fall semester runs from late August through December. The spring semester runs from mid-January through mid-May.
- Public, Four or more years
- $16,632.00 avg tuition
5241 N Maple Ave
Fresno, CA 93740
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
Schools Near California State University-Fresno
|Sierra Valley College of Court Reporting||1.6mi|
|Paul Mitchell the School-Fresno||1.9mi|
|Lyles Fresno College of Beauty||2.1mi|
|Institute of Technology Inc||2.1mi|
|San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno||2.2mi|
|Manchester Beauty College||2.8mi|
|San Joaquin College of Law||2.9mi|
|San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation||2.9mi|
|ITT Technical Institute-Clovis||3.0mi|
|California Christian College||3.4mi|
|MCed Career College||3.4mi|
|Clovis Adult Education||3.6mi|
|University of Phoenix-Central Valley Campus||3.8mi|