Best Colleges By State for Getting a Job After College
Land a job successfully after graduation from these schools.
By Kathryn Knight Randolph
June 21, 2018
While there are a few students in college who may be there for the sheer excitement of knowledge, most attend in order to land a good job after graduation. During the recruitment process, colleges and universities tout their abilities to help their graduates find jobs; but when it comes down to it, there are some schools that are simply better at it.
Zippia, a career mapping site, has identified the top college by each state that sets their students up for the best job success after graduation. Here are the top 10:
1. Pennsylvania – Lebanon Valley College
2. Rhode Island – Salve Regina University
3. Ohio – Ohio Northern University
4. Oregon – Oregon Health & Science University
5. New York – Hobart and William Smith Colleges
6. South Dakota – University of Sioux Falls
7. Wisconsin – University of Wisconsin – Platteville
8. Massachusetts – Endicott College
9. Nebraska – Nebraska Wesleyan University
10. Connecticut – Quinnipiac University
For the full list, click here.
Though the schools on your college search list may not have made it to the top spot, it doesn’t make them any less capable in helping graduates find and succeed in a job after college. As you make campus tours, attend information sessions and speak with admissions officers, ask about their career services for college students and recent graduates. Here are a few questions to get you started:
- What is the job placement success rate for graduates of the college?
- What career services are available to students preparing to enter the workforce?
- Does the school offer networking opportunities or internship and job placements with specific companies or alumni?
- How does the college assist alumni with the job search throughout their careers?
There are so many things to consider as you search for the perfect college: potential fields of study, quality of student life and study abroad and volunteer opportunities. But don’t forget to think about life after college as you navigate the college search and make final decisions. After all, college is just a few years, whereas your time in the workforce may be for the rest of your life.
Need Money to Pay for College?
Every semester, Fastweb helps thousands of students pay for school by matching them to scholarships, grants, and internships, for which they actually qualify. You'll find high value scholarships like VIP Voice's $5,000 Scholarship, and easy to enter scholarships like Niche $2,000 No Essay Scholarship, and internships with companies like Apple, Google, Dreamworks, and even NASA!