Coordinates: 41°18′32″N 92°38′53″W / 41.3090°N 92.6481°W / 41.3090; -92.6481
William Penn University is a private, liberal arts university in Oskaloosa, Iowa, United States. It was founded by members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in 1873 as Penn College. In 1933, the name was changed to William Penn College, and finally to William Penn University in 2000.
In 2007, Musco Lighting, also in Oskaloosa, donated $12 million to the school for various projects—the biggest single gift in the school's history. The money is to be used for 200,000 square feet (19,000 m2) of new structures including student recreation, classrooms, laboratories, and a stand-alone Industrial Technology Center building, which is home for the expanding Digital Communication Program.
The university's athletic teams compete National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). The university is a member of Midwest Classic Conference for most sports, and the affiliated Mid-States Football Association for football. Before 2000, the school was a part of the NCAA Division III.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.