Widener University is a private, coeducational university located in Chester, Pennsylvania.
Its main campus sits on 108 acres (.44 km²), just 14 miles (23 km) southwest of Philadelphia. The university has three other campuses: two in Pennsylvania (Harrisburg and Exton) and one in Wilmington, Delaware.
About 3,300 undergraduates and 3,300 graduate students attend Widener in eight degree-granting schools. The university offers associate's, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees in areas ranging from traditional liberal arts to professional programs.
Widener was founded in 1821 and has undergone several name changes. It was known as Pennsylvania Military College after 1892, and adopted the Widener name in 1972.
The Carnegie Foundation classifies Widener as a Doctoral/Research University and a Community Engagement Institution. Widener was ranked #181 in the National Universities category by US News & World Report for 2012.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $34,224.00 avg tuition
One University Place
Chester, PA 19013-5792
Areas of Study:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Physical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
Widener University-Main Campus Scholarships
|Frankel-Adair Scholarship||$1,500||April 30, 2018|