West Virginia Wesleyan College
University Website: www.wvwc.edu
Apply Online: www.cfwv.com/applications/west_virginia_wesleyan_college/apply.html?
West Virginia Wesleyan College is a regionally accredited private, coeducational, liberal arts college in Buckhannon, West Virginia, United States. It has an enrollment of about 1,400 students from 35 U.S. states and 26 countries. The school was founded in 1890 by the West Virginia Conference of the United Methodist church. The college assumed its current name on Tuesday June 5, 1906 (see expanded History). U.S. News & World Report considers West Virginia Wesleyan a regional college and ranks it 12th in the South (first-tier) and ranks it second in the South in the Great Schools at Great Prices category. West Virginia Wesleyan College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Wesleyan was listed as one of the "Best Southeastern Colleges" by the Princeton Review in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 and a "Best-Value College" in 2006 and 2007. Wesleyan is one of 150 schools to receive that distinction .
Wesleyan continues to serve as a residential, liberal arts college. The primary majors are elementary and secondary education, business, and natural sciences.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $23,940.00 avg tuition
59 College Ave
Buckhannon, WV 26201-2994
Areas of Study:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Visual And Performing Arts