The University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez (UPRM) or Recinto Universitario de Mayagüez (RUM) in Spanish (also referred to as Colegio and CAAM in allusion to its former name), is a land-grant, sea-grant, space-grant state university located in the city of Mayagüez, Puerto Rico. UPRM is the second-largest university campus of the University of Puerto Rico system.
UPRM has been accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) since 1946. Also, the engineering undergraduate program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), the nursing undergraduate program is accredited by the National League for Nursing (NLN) and the Chemistry Department is recognized by the American Chemical Society (ACS). The College of Business Administration is going through the process of the AACSB accreditation. The Mayagüez campus of the University of Puerto Rico has been a member of Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) since 1966.
UPRM continues its development in the best tradition of a land-grant institution. It is a co-educational, bilingual, and non-sectarian school comprising the Colleges of Agricultural Sciences, Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering and the Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies. The College of Agricultural Sciences includes the Agricultural Experiment Station and the Agricultural Extension Service. In 2009, the campus population was composed of 12,108 students, 1,924 regular staff members and 1,037 members of the education staff.
- Public, Four or more years
- $3,336.00 avg tuition
259 Boulevard Alfonso Valdez
Mayaguez, PR 00681
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts