The University of New Haven (UNH) is a private, nonsectarian, coeducational university located in West Haven, Connecticut, which borders the larger city of New Haven and Long Island Sound. U.S. News & World Report has named the university the 100th best university in the northeastern United States as well as in the top tier of engineering programs nationwide in its annual "America's Best Colleges" rankings. Combining a liberal arts education with professional training, the university comprises five degree-granting colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business, the Tagliatela College of Engineering, the Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences, and the College of Lifelong & eLearning for adult and online students.
From 2006-2011 alone, the University’s undergraduate and graduate student enrollment increased by 28% and as of fall 2011 totaled over 6,000 students.
The university is a member of the Northeast-10 Conference and its mascot is the Charger, a medieval war horse. In 2008-2009, new student applications increased 100 percent. New facilities, including the David A. Beckerman Recreation Center, the new $46 million Soundview residence hall, and the Henry C. Lee Institute of Forensic Science which opened in 2010.
Situated on over 75 acres overlooking the Connecticut shoreline the main campus is 90 minutes by train to New York City and 2 ½ hours from Boston. Six satellite campuses are located in New London, CT (on the campus of Mitchell College), Waterbury, CT, Shelton, CT, Newington, CT, Albuquerque, NM, and Prato, Italy.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $30,500.00 avg tuition
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
Areas of Study:
- Architecture And Related Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Science Technologies/Technicians
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
Scholarships for Students in Connecticut
|Presidential Scholarship - University of New Haven||Up to $24,000||Varies|
|Presidential Scholarship for Transfer Students - UNH||Up to $20,000||Varies|
|New Alliance Bank II Scholarship||Varies||Varies|