Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is a two-year co-educational technical college that provides an education in twenty two programs for about 800 students. It was named for Thaddeus Stevens, a nineteenth-century politician. The school was founded in 1905.
Stevens is located in southeastern Pennsylvania in Lancaster, about 71 miles (114 km) west of Philadelphia and 38 miles (61 km) east of Harrisburg. The campus is a few blocks from downtown Lancaster at 750 East King Street. The greater Lancaster area includes over 400,000 inhabitants and offers many athletic, cultural, and social activities.
The college is owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The campus consists of 19 buildings on 32.5 acres (132,000 m2) of land. These include 6 residence halls, a dining hall, a laboratory/classroom building with computer and learning labs, and new and expanded technical laboratory facilities. The Learning Resources Center was completed in the summer of 1995. Also available for student use are an athletic field with a track, and a newly renovated student center.
The class of 1998-1999 had a job placement rate of 99.5%. The job placement rate was 96% for the 2010 academic year.
The majority of students pay no tuition and receive room and board without cost. However, there are fees required for admission. Many students receive full scholarships based on financial need.
Stevens Tech is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Currently, Stevens Tech offers the following 2 year Associate Degree programs:
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license