Tarrant County College (TCC) or Tarrant County College District (TCCD) is a community college serving the Fort Worth area in Tarrant County, Texas and providing degree programs toward an Associate of Arts, an Associate of Applied Science or Associate of Arts in Teaching. As of 2008 the institution was ranked as the sixth largest in Texas among community colleges and universities with student enrollment for credit hours of 1,000,000. Five campuses and a centralized office make up the TCC District.
Originally called Tarrant County Junior College (TCJC), the school began on July 31, 1965 after voters approved a bond election for the formation of a junior college district. In 1967 the first campus, the South Campus, opened in south Fort Worth and soon after in 1968, the Northeast Campus was built in Hurst. A third campus, Northwest, was added in 1976 in northwest Fort Worth and in 1996 the Southeast Campus was built in Arlington. The fifth, Trinity River Campus, opened in downtown Fort Worth fall of 2009. In 1999 the College District decided to drop the "Junior" from the college name.
As defined by the Texas Legislature, the official service area of TCCD includes all of Tarrant County.
Albert II, Prince of Monaco was made an Honorary Professor of International Studies at Tarrant County College in 2000.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $3,984.00 avg tuition
1500 Houston St
Fort Worth, TX 76102-6524
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Personal And Culinary Services
- Precision Production
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
Scholarships for Students in Texas
|HACU-IES Abroad Scholarship||Up to $5,000||Varies|