St. Francis College, often referred to as St. Francis or SFC, is a private, coeducational college located in Brooklyn Heights, New York, in the United States. The campus is composed of 5 interconnected buildings, occupying half of a city block in Downtown Brooklyn. It was founded in 1859 by the Franciscan friars as the St. Francis Academy and was the first private school in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn. St. Francis College began as a parochial all-boys academy in the City of Brooklyn and has transformed into a small liberal arts college that has 19 academic departments which offer 72 majors and minors.
St. Francis College is a predominantly undergraduate institution, yet does have graduate programs in accounting, project management and psychology. St. Francis has been ranked nationally and regionally by Forbes Magazine, Washington Monthly and U.S. News and World Report as one of the top baccalaureate colleges. St. Francis is set in an urban environment and is considered a commuter college. As of 2012, there are 2,697 undergraduates (11% part-time) and 47 graduates (34% part-time). The student to faculty ratio is 18:1 and 43.6% of classes have 20 or fewer students. The 2,744 students that attend St. Francis College come from over 80 countries. St. Francis College has been ranked by the New York Times as one of the more diverse colleges in the United States.
SFC has 19 athletic teams that compete in Division I of the NCAA and are known as the Terriers and Lady Terriers for the men's and women's teams, respectively. SFC's teams participate in the Northeast Conference, with the exception of the men's and women's water polo teams which compete in the CWPA and the MAAC, respectively.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $17,500.00 avg tuition
180 Remsen St
Brooklyn Heights, NY 11201-9902
Areas of Study:
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
St. Francis College Scholarships
|Milton Fisher Scholarship for Innovation and Creativity||Up to $5,000||May 01, 2018|