Established in 1963, Spokane Community College is part of Community Colleges of Spokane.
It is a comprehensive educational institution, offering liberal arts-transfer degrees and a wide array of career-technical degree and certificate options in the fields of manufacturing, transportation, environmental sciences, hospitality, public safety, business, information technology, hospitality and culinary arts. SCC's health sciences division is the largest among community and technical colleges in Washington state.
Located in east Spokane, the campus includes 23 administrative, academic and support buildings located on 148 acres (0.60 km2) next to the Spokane River midway between the cities of Spokane and Spokane Valley. An additional 10 acres (40,000 m2) is used for off-campus facilities, including an Apprenticeship and Journeyman Training Center and Felts Field aviation hangar.
Students of all ages and ethnic origin choose SCC. Some are attracted by the college's career-technical programs, where they can learn specific skills that can be taken into the workplace following graduation. Others already work full-time, but attend school part-time to obtain more skills and knowledge for on-the-job advancement. Other SCC students enroll in liberal arts programs so they can transfer to four-year institutions.
SCC is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges.
President: Joe Dunlap
Headcount (fall 2009): 7,436
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $7,327.00 avg tuition
1810 North Greene Street
Spokane, WA 99217-5399
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Personal And Culinary Services
- Precision Production
Schools Near Spokane Community College
|Northwest HVAC/R Training Center||2.2mi|
|Glen Dow Academy of Hair Design||2.8mi|
|Total Cosmetology Training Center||3.3mi|
|Spokane Falls Community College||4.8mi|
|Inland Massage Institute||5.2mi|
|Whitworth University-Adult Degree Programs||6.0mi|
|ITT Technical Institute-Spokane Valley||6.5mi|
|Paul Mitchell The School Spokane||7.6mi|
|Eastern Washington University||16.5mi|
|North Idaho College||26.2mi|
|Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy-Coeur D Alene||26.6mi|