South Louisiana Community College (SLCC) was established in 1997 to provide academic and vocational training to the people of the Lafayette, Acadia, Evangeline, St. Landry, St. Martin, Vermilion, and St. Mary parishes.
SLCC has campuses in Lafayette and New Iberia, and a site in Franklin.
In 2007–08, South Louisiana Community College had 2,944 students enrolled (1,954 full-time equivalent).
The school has a tighter focus on specific areas of study than most colleges its size. South Louisiana Community College is known for its programs in education and teaching, engineering technician, and liberal arts.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $2,112.00 avg tuition
320 Devalcourt Street
Lafayette, LA 70506-2030
Areas of Study:
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities