The Sacred Heart School of Theology is an apostolate of the Priests of the Sacred Heart, a Roman Catholic religious community of priests and lay brothers. It is located in Franklin, Wisconsin. When the seminary program was established in 1932, the school was known as Sacred Heart Monastery. It offered classes in philosophy and theology for seminarians who were members of the Priests of the Sacred Heart. In 1955, the philosophy program was moved elsewhere, and the seminary was dedicated to theological preparation for men preparing for priesthood.
In 1968, construction of the existing building was completed across the street from the original school, and in 1972 the name was changed to Sacred Heart School of Theology. In 1973 Sacred Heart received approval to accept second-career presbyterial candidates who are sponsored by dioceses or religious congregations. The candidates come from across the United States and Canada. The seminary offers a Master of Divinity to men who are in a program of priestly formation and a Master of Arts for men and women seeking theological training in a Christian tradition.
The program is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, as well as the Higher Learning Commission, a commission set up by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
7335 S Hwy 100
Franklin, WI 53132