Pueblo Community College
University Website: www.pueblocc.edu
Apply Online: https://erpdnssb.cccs.edu/PRODPCC/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage
Pueblo Community College (PCC) is a two-year institution of higher learning located in Pueblo, Colorado. PCC traces its history to the founding of Southern Colorado Junior College (SCJC) in 1933. In 1937 SCJC became part of the Pueblo County Junior College District, and was renamed Pueblo Junior College. In 1961 the college district was dissolved by the General Assembly and the Junior College became the four-year Southern Colorado State College (SCSC). In the 1970s, SCSC opened a branch institution, the College for Community Services and Career Education, that in 1978 was re-organized by the General Assembly into a separate entity and renamed in 1979 to Pueblo Vocational Community College under the Colorado Community College System. In 1982 it was renamed to Pueblo Community College.
In 2006, college president Mike Davis was confirmed to have died in a plane crash while traveling to Pueblo's branch campus in Durango, Colorado. He had been a college president for five years and previously had served as an administrator at Vincennes University.
As of 2010 the college has an enrollment of 6,592 students spread over four campuses in the Pueblo region. The college was accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools in 1979.
In 2008, PCC opened a new health clinic for its students to provide low-cost basic health services to its students. PCC also opened a new student cafeteria named Pueblo Joe's as part of President Garvin's "vision of a college that's more comfortable for students and a resource for the entire community.".
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $10,423.00 avg tuition
900 West Orman Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81004-1499
Areas of Study:
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Library Science
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Personal And Culinary Services
- Precision Production
- Transportation And Materials Moving
Pueblo Community College Scholarships
|Big Red iAvance! Scholarship||$1,000||May 25, 2018|