The Ohio State University at Newark campus in Licking County, Ohio is a coeducational public university founded in 1957 as the first OSU regional campus. During its early years, classes were held at old Newark High School. In 1966, over one million dollars pledged by 7,000 local citizens to match funds from the state legislature supported the cost of buying 155 acres (0.63 km2) of land and constructing the first building, Founders Hall, which opened in 1968.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.