Muskegon Community College (MCC) is a community college located at 221 S. Quarterline Rd., Muskegon, Michigan. The College offers 41 Associate Degree programs and 48 Certificate programs, and is known for its transferability and value.
MCC was founded as Muskegon Junior College in 1926, and has been continually accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of North Central Association since 1929. The community college district was created via the Michigan Constitution of 1963 along with an elected Board of Trustees and the college moved to its current campus location, an Alden B. Dow designed facility that opened to the public in 1967. In 1995, the Stevenson Center for Higher Education opened; comprising a consortium of Ferris State University, Grand Valley State University, and Western Michigan University, designed to increase access to educational opportunities for Muskegon residents. In 2010 the Outdoor Learning Lab, a focal point of green technology and center for MCC’s new Alternative and Renewable Energy certificate program opened. The college is currently located on a 111-acre campus in Muskegon, with extension centers in Ottawa & Newaygo Counties.
As defined by the Michigan Legislature, the official service area of Muskegon Community College includes territory within the following school districts:
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.