Mercy College of Ohio (formerly Mercy College of Northwest Ohio) was founded as the Mercy School of Nursing in 1917 by the Sisters of Mercy. All of its academic programs are in the health sciences field. Mercy College of Ohio has campuses in Toledo, Ohio and Youngstown, Ohio. The name was changed in August 2011 from Mercy College of Northwest Ohio to Mercy College of Ohio. Mercy College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
In September 2018, Mercy College and Bowling Green State University announced the start of a two-to-three-year process under which the college and its degree programs will become part of the university.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.