Manchester Community College (or MCC) is a community college in Manchester, Hartford County, Connecticut, USA. Founded in 1963, it is the third-oldest of the twelve community colleges governed by the Board of Trustees of the Connecticut Community-Technical Colleges and has graduated more than 23,000 students since the first class in 1965.
MCC is the largest of the state's community colleges, serving more than 15,000 students a year, with nearly 6,000 undergraduate students in credit programs, and more than 7,000 credit-free and 2,000 credit extension students each year. It has an annual budget of more than $31 million.
In 1996, MCC was named an "Honor Institution" by the Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation due to its "remarkable history of nurturing and encouraging students' academic and intellectual abilities and motivation." The college remains the only American community college to have been recognized as such.
MCC is the only community college to have Jack Kent Cooke Scholars in three consecutive years, and the only one to have had a student named a Truman Scholar after being nominated by their community college, with MCC having accomplished that feat five times since the 1980s.
The college's president is Dr. Gena D. Glickman, Manchester's first female president, who assumed the position on July 1, 2008. She replaced the retiring Dr. Jonathan M. Daube, who was installed in fall 1987 and retired at the completion of the 2007 - 2008 academic year. MCC is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and is a member of the Knowledge Corridor.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $15,296.00 avg tuition
1066 Front St
Manchester, NH 03102-8518
Areas of Study:
- Architecture And Related Services
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Precision Production
- Visual And Performing Arts
Manchester Community College Scholarships
|CCSNH NASA Space Grant Scholarship||$1,500||December 22, 2017|