University Website: www.malone.edu
Apply Online: https://jics.malone.edu/ICS/Admissions/Admissions_Homepage.jnz?portlet=Apply_to_Malone_University&formname=Graduate+Application
Malone University is a private, liberal arts college located in Canton, Ohio, United States. The school was founded in 1892 by Walter and Emma Malone as a small, co-educational Bible institute in Cleveland, Ohio. This initial institution was aptly titled Cleveland Bible College. Since its founding, the institution has always maintained a close relationship with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakerism).
Malone University holds an affiliation with the Eastern Region Yearly Meeting of the Evangelical Friends Church, a North American yearly meeting of the Evangelical Friends International. Despite the university's more Evangelical Christian identity, the community reflects diverse religious backgrounds, with nearly 50 denominations of Christianity and several non-Christian faith practices represented. Though all employees, staff, and faculty of the university are required to sign a statement of faith, Malone students are not required to profess any religious persuasion.
In addition to Malone University's traditional undergraduate college, the school also maintains a competitive graduate school offering masters in a wide field of professional studies, an online school with a variety of bachelors programs, as well degree completion programs in management and nursing. The Graduate School also has a post-degree professional development center that offers workshops and certificates.
Over the past seven years, Malone University has been consecutively ranked by US News and World Report as a top regional Universities in the Midwest. For the 2012 report, US News and World Report ranked Malone University #58 out of 146 colleges and universities in the Midwest region.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $22,832.00 avg tuition
2600 Cleveland Avenue NW
Canton, OH 44709-3897
Areas of Study:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Visual And Performing Arts