Los Angeles Valley College is a community college located in the Valley Glen district of Los Angeles, California in the east-central San Fernando Valley. The school is a part of the Los Angeles Community College District.
The community college is adjacent to Grant High School. Often called "Valley College" or simply "Valley" by those who frequent the campus, it opened its doors to the public on September 12, 1949, at which time the campus was located on the site of Van Nuys High School. The college moved to its current location in 1951, a 105-acre (42 ha) site bounded by Fulton Avenue on the west, Ethel Avenue/Coldwater Canyon Boulevard on the east, Burbank Boulevard on the south, and Oxnard Street on the north.
Los Angeles Valley College is one of nine colleges in the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) and is a fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, which is part of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
The sports teams are known as the Monarchs, and the school colors are green and yellow.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.