Life Pacific College was founded in Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, in 1923 as Echo Park Evangelistic and Missionary Training Institute by Aimee Semple McPherson. Its name was changed to LIFE Bible College, LIFE standing for "Lighthouse of International Foursquare Evangelism", in 1926 when it moved into a newly constructed five-story complex next door to Angelus Temple. In 1990 the college moved to its current location in San Dimas, California. In the early 2000s its present name was adopted.
LIFE is associated with the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel and serves as the denomination's primary center for the training of ministers, missionaries and school teachers. There was formerly a sister school on the East Coast that performed a similar function, started in 1957 as Mount Vernon Bible College in Mount Vernon, Ohio. It moved to Christiansburg, Virginia and changed its name to LIFE Bible College East in 1988. In 2003 LIFE East closed for financial reasons and its records were transferred to Life Pacific College.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.