Lake Superior College is a two-year community and technical college in Duluth, Minnesota.
Lake Superior College, or "LSC" as it's also known, offers pre-baccalaureate majors for students interested in transferring to 4-year educational institutions as well as more than 90 certificate, diploma and degree programs in career/technical fields. LSC's Continuing Education/Customized Training division collaborates with area businesses and industry to design specialized opportunities for entry-level and advanced education. While courses are typically offered in traditional classroom and lab settings, LSC also offers over 150 courses via the internet, through its e-campus. In recent semesters, more than 25% of credits have been delivered online and a growing number of programs are offered completely online. These include dialysis patient care, accountant, business administration, computer and web programming and an Associate in Arts transfer degree.
Lake Superior College was created when the Duluth Technical College and Duluth Community College Center (which was technically the Duluth campus of Hibbing Community College) merged in 1995. At the time, Duluth Community College was housed in a wing of The Marshall School, and Duluth Technical College was housed in LSC's current location. Both campuses moved into the former Technical School building, when it was expanded in 1996.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $8,495.00 avg tuition
2101 Trinity Rd
Duluth, MN 55811-3399
Areas of Study:
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Precision Production
- Transportation And Materials Moving
- Visual And Performing Arts
Scholarships for Students in Minnesota
|Timothy J. Penny State Public Service Fellowship||$2,500||Varies|
|Timothy J. Penny Federal Public Service Fellowship||$5,000||Varies|
|Barbara J. Penny Community Service Scholarship||$1,500||Varies|