Johnson University (formerly known as Johnson Bible College) is a private, co-educational college located six miles (10 km) southeast of Knoxville, Tennessee.
There are about 60 full-time faculty members, and over 900 students, with enrollment having nearly doubled in the last decade.[when?]
Johnson Bible College first received regional accreditation in 1979 from the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. It also is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education. The teacher education program is accredited by the Tennessee State Board of Education and the Association of Christian Schools International.
The original name of the school was The School of the Evangelists'. The first name change happened when the school was renamed Johnson Bible College in 1909. This name was used for 102 years until it changed its name to Johnson University on July 1, 2011.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license