Indiana State University (ISU) is a public university located in Terre Haute, Indiana, United States.
The Princeton Review has named Indiana State as one of the "Best in the Midwest" seven years running, and the College of Education's Graduate Program was recently named as a 'Top 100' by U.S. News & World Report while the graduate program in nursing was recognized as among the "Top 75' in the nation by U.S. News. The magazine currently classifies Indiana State University as a tier 2 national university. The current Carnegie classification for ISU is Doctoral/Research University.
Indiana State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. ISU is also included in Carnegie's new Curricular Engagement and Outreach & Partnerships category that recognizes substantial commitments to both an academic approach to mutually beneficial and respectful community collaboration and extensive outreach and partnerships.
Indiana State offers 100+ majors, notably education, business, criminology, finance, insurance and risk management, nursing, athletic training, and construction technology; the university's graduate education, financial services, nursing and clinical psychology programs are nationally recognized.
Indiana State is a diverse university, with 3.8% of students attending as international students and 19.5% of students belonging to a minority. Of the 19.5% minority students, 75.4% are African American, 8.3% are multiracial, 8.3 percent are Hispanic and Latino American, 5.8 percent are Asian American, and 2.1 percent are Native American.
Indiana State is the first public university in Indiana to require incoming freshmen to have a laptop. ISU offers Dell Latitude E6420 laptops to incoming freshmen with high high school GPAs of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) as part of its Laptop Initiative.
ISU is a member of the College Consortium of Western Indiana. This membership allows students who are full-time at their home institution to take classes at the other member institutions of Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
- Public, Four or more years
- $17,006.00 avg tuition
210 N 7th St
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Areas of Study:
- Architecture And Related Services
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- Transportation And Materials Moving
- Visual And Performing Arts
Indiana State University Scholarships
|Material Handling Education Foundation Scholarship||Up to $6,000||March 31, 2018|
|Robert L. Harbison Family Scholarship||$600||January 12, 2018|
Schools Near Indiana State University
|J Michael Harrold Beauty Academy||1.3mi|
|Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College||4.1mi|
|Harrison College-Terre Haute||4.2mi|
|Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology||4.5mi|
|Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley||6.9mi|
|Illinois Eastern Community Colleges-Lincoln Trail College||34.6mi|
|Eastern Illinois University||41.0mi|
|Concept College of Cosmetology||43.7mi|
|Danville Area Community College||46.6mi|
|Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton||47.9mi|
|Lakeview College of Nursing||47.9mi|
|Hair Arts Academy||51.0mi|