Hudson Valley Community College, a SUNY associated two-year college, is located in Troy in Rensselaer County, New York. Although about eighty percent of the students are from the local area, the remainder are from other parts of New York, other states and from some 30 countries around the world.
Hudson Valley Community College currently ranks as the largest undergraduate college in terms of enrollment in the Capital District. In 2010, 2,020 students received diplomas, making the Class of 2010 the largest in the history of the college.
The school currently has an enrollment of over 13,000 students.
In 2010, the College began a collaboration with SUNY Plattsburgh to offer a 4 year degree (Bachelor's) in Criminal Justice at HVCC's Capital District campus. The college also offers a BS in Human Services through Cazenovia College, through a part-time evening program on the grounds of HVCC. This is the only Human Services B.S. degree offered in this format in the Capital Region.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $11,000.00 avg tuition
80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy, NY 12180
Areas of Study:
- Architecture And Related Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Personal And Culinary Services
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Science Technologies/Technicians
- Visual And Performing Arts