Franciscan University of Steubenville is a Catholic institution located in Steubenville, Ohio, 37.4 miles (60.2 km) west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The school (originally named the "College of Steubenville") was founded in 1946 by the Franciscan Friars of the Third Order Regular. In 1974, Fr. Michael Scanlan, T.O.R., became President and began a series of major reforms to restore the school to its Catholic heritage. In 1985, the University changed its name from "College of Steubenville" to "University of Steubenville," and finally to "Franciscan University of Steubenville."
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.