El Centro College is a community college of the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD), located at 801 Main Street in downtown Dallas, Texas (USA) across Lamar Street from the Bank of America Plaza. The facility, previously the downtown store of the Sanger Harris department store chain (now part of Macy's), is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
It was the first college established in the DCCCD and opened its doors in 1966. Its name is Spanish for "the center", reflecting its downtown location.
The school offers a number of degree plans, many specializing in the medical and technological fields. However, the school also has degree plans in Accounting, Business Administration,Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing, and Paralegal. El Centro has a Food and Hospitality program and offers weekly meals to the public.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $3,960.00 avg tuition
801 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75202-3604
Areas of Study:
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Personal And Culinary Services
- Science Technologies/Technicians
- Visual And Performing Arts
El Centro College Scholarships
|DCC Faculty Association Endowed Scholarship||$300||November 01, 2017|