De Anza College
University Website: www.deanza.edu/
Apply Online: www.cccapply.org/applications/CCCApply/apply/DeAnza_College.html
De Anza College is a 112-acre (45 ha) community college located in Cupertino, California. It was founded in 1967 on the site of the Beaulieu Winery and is named after the Spanish explorer Juan Bautista de Anza. Along with the arrival and growth of Apple Computer, the presence of De Anza College contributed significantly to the growth of Cupertino from a small town to an industrial city and an integral part of Silicon Valley. It consistently ranks #1 or #2 in the state for the total number of students who annually transfer to University of California and California State University campuses. The college is also the home of the California History Center, housed in a mansion called "Le Petit Trianon". The current president of De Anza college is Brian Murphy. The average class size at De Anza is 35, and approximately 2,800 students transfer per year. It also attracts a heavy international student population.
De Anza College is part of Silicon Valley's Foothill-De Anza Community College District, which also administers Foothill College in nearby Los Altos Hills, California. The district serves the cities of Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale and San Jose. The district headquarters is on the Foothill campus.
Each year, De Anza invites several celebrities and dignitaries for public speaking engagements at its main theater, the Flint Center. De Anza once held the second largest pow-wow in the Bay Area, but the pow-wow organizers moved the event in 2005.
De Anza holds a monthly flea market its parking lot, which has become a community tradition as well as major source of income for the De Anza Associated Student Body. (DASB) With a budget of over 1 million dollars, the DASB has one of the biggest student budgets of any community college in California.
De Anza formerly had their own campus police. They used to wear slacks and polo shirts, and officers were unarmed. The department was not a POST participating agency and in 2001, the campus police departments at De Anza and Foothill College were merged to become the Foothill-De Anza College District Police.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $6,075.00 avg tuition
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
Areas of Study:
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Precision Production
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
De Anza College Scholarships
|FWSF Scholarship||Up to $15,000||March 25, 2018|
Schools Near De Anza College
|West Valley College||4.3mi|
|The Art Institute of California–Sunnyvale||4.5mi|
|Academy for Salon Professionals (The)||5.1mi|
|Everest College-San Jose||5.3mi|
|University of East-West Medicine||5.4mi|
|Institute for Business and Technology||5.4mi|
|Marinello Schools of Beauty-Santa Clara||5.7mi|
|Santa Clara University||6.3mi|
|San Jose City College||6.4mi|
|International Technological University||8.3mi|
|University of Phoenix-Bay Area Campus||8.3mi|