Community College of Allegheny County
University Website: www.ccac.edu
Apply Online: https://ccaccentral.ccac.edu/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor?TYPE=M&PID=CORE-WBMAIN&TOKENIDX=ccac_ext_window
Community College of Allegheny County, or CCAC as it is officially abbreviated, (informally known as North Side University or NSU), is a community college in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. With four campuses and five centers, the college offers associate's degrees, certificate and diploma programs.
The college opened Boyce campus, in Monroeville, and Allegheny campus, on Pittsburgh's North Side, in 1966. The following year, South campus was opened; North campus opened in 1972. The college also has centers, beyond the main campuses, that offer classes.
CCAC is the largest community college in Pennsylvania and the 17th largest community college in the United States. In 2007, it was recognized as second highest in the country for the number of nursing degrees, and fourth highest in the country for the number of health career degrees.
CCAC offers more than 170 programs, as well as lifelong learning, community education, continuing education and workforce training courses. During the 2006-2007 academic year, it had more than 63,000 students. Through articulation agreements, students are guaranteed admission, and the recognition of courses, at a number of institutions offering four-year degrees.
There are four student-run newspapers: the Allegheny View, the Boyce Collegian, the South Forum and the North Voice.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $7,962.00 avg tuition
800 Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15233-1895
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Personal And Culinary Services
- Physical Sciences
- Precision Production
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Science Technologies/Technicians
- Social Sciences
- Transportation And Materials Moving
- Visual And Performing Arts
Scholarships for Students in Pennsylvania
|HRSA Scholarship for Disadvantaged Students||Varies||Varies|