College of Saint Mary is a Catholic women's college located in Omaha, Nebraska. As of November 2011[update], there were 820 undergraduates and 243 graduate students.
The academic programs at Saint Mary are primarily career-focused, with majors offered in fields such as medical technology, business administration, and nursing. Courses of study in the liberal arts are also available, including English. Students can receive an Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's degree, or Doctor of Education upon graduation.
In 2004 CSM launched the largest campaign in its history, the $25 million Campaign for CSM. This effort was designed to provide critical resources in three key areas: Endowment building, growth of the annual scholarship fund and campus/facility improvements. The goal of $25 million was surpassed by the fall of 2009, yielding the transformation of the Campus Park (2006), the addition of Hixson-Lied Commons (2007), as well as the modernization of Walsh Hall (2007) and the renovation of CSM's Math and Science Building (2008). Hixson-Lied Commons is the location of CSM's Library as well as Christina's Place, a cafe offering coffee, breakfast and lunch options.
Since 2009, CSM's enrollment has been over 1,000 students and the residence halls have experienced record numbers in both 2010 and again in 2011 with 223 students living on-campus. The burgeoning residence halls and the need for additional OT laboratory space led to a $10 million campaign to build a new residence. Hall. CSM broke ground on the new residence hall in 2010 with plans of moving in Fall 2012.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $23,870.00 avg tuition
7000 Mercy Rd.
Omaha, NE 68106
Areas of Study:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Physical Sciences
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Visual And Performing Arts