Cleveland Community College is a community college located in Cleveland County, North Carolina.
It was established in 1965 as the Cleveland County Industrial and Adult Education Center with its first classes consisting of a Licensed Practical Nurse program, two extension classes, and adult basic education classes for adults who had not completed high school.
The school's name was changed first to Cleveland County Industrial Center and later to Cleveland County Technical Institute. The Cleveland County Technical Institute moved into the old county home buildings in 1969. That site serves as the location of today's campus.
The college took on its current name in 1980. It now provides Associate degrees, diploma and certificate programs, as well as other vocational and general courses. The college holds accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is a member of the North Carolina Community College System.
The current president, is Dr. L. Steve Thornburg.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $8,272.00 avg tuition
137 S Post Rd
Shelby, NC 28152-6224
Areas of Study:
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Science Technologies/Technicians
Schools Near Cleveland Community College
|Paul Mitchell The School Gastonia||17.7mi|
|Isothermal Community College||24.1mi|
|Guilford Technical Community College||25.0mi|
|Belmont Abbey College||25.4mi|
|Carolina School of Broadcasting||28.7mi|
|Catawba Valley Community College||31.4mi|
|University of Phoenix-Charlotte Campus||31.9mi|
|The Art Institute of Charlotte||32.6mi|
|Western Piedmont Community College||32.7mi|
|ITT Technical Institute-Charlotte South||32.9mi|
|DeVry University's Keller Graduate School of Management-North Carolina||32.9mi|