Clark State Community College
University Website: www.clarkstate.edu
Apply Online: www.clarkstate.edu/become_a_clark_state_student_home.php
Clark State Community College is a community college located in Springfield, Ohio. The school opened in 1962 under the name Springfield and Clark County Technical Education Program in an effort to meet the post-secondary, technical education needs of Springfield and the surrounding area. In 1966, the name was changed to Clark County Technical Institute (CCTI) and was chartered by the Ohio Board of Regents as Ohio's first technical college. In 1972, ten years after its birth, CCTI had grown to 1,000 students and officially became Clark Technical College. New programs in agriculture, business, engineering technologies, health, public services and general studies were developed in response to the community's changing educational and economic needs.
In the 1970s, the College reexamined its mission and determined that programs which can be transferred to four-year colleges should be included as a secondary focus. In order to accomplish this, many new courses in the humanities and the social sciences were added to the curriculum. By 1985, Clark Technical College had developed one of the broadest general education programs of any technical college in the state.
On July 1, 1988, the Ohio Board of Regents approved the change of Clark Technical College to Clark State Community College. As a result of this action, Clark State added the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees (university parallel programs) to the nearly 30 technical associate degrees and certificates it had offered for years.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $5,292.00 avg tuition
570 E Leffel Ln
Springfield, OH 45501-0570
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Library Science
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Visual And Performing Arts