Capital Community College is a community college in Hartford, Connecticut, United States. The only public undergraduate institution in the City of Hartford, Capital's roots date to 1967 with the founding of Greater Hartford Community College. In 1992 Capital merged with Hartford State Technical College to become Capital Community-Technical College in a state-mandated consolidation. In 2000, the College's name was changed to Capital Community College.
The College, which has earned reaccreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) in 2007, enrolls 3,661 students (Spring 2007) and is one of the most ethnically diverse campuses in New England. Sixty-seven percent of students are African American and Latino. Its programs of study include the Associate Degree in Nursing—the largest degree program for the preparation of Registered Nurses in the State of Connecticut.
The college made a significant step in helping the redevelopment in downtown Hartford by opening up a new campus at the former G. Fox & Co. department store on Main Street in the heart of downtown. The 1,913,000-square-foot (177,700 m2) building served as the home of the department store until it closed in 1993. The entire building was renovated and in 2002 the college moved into the building as well as numerous state and city offices and numerous retail clients on the ground level.
Before opening up in downtown Hartford the college had two campuses in the city - one on Woodland Street and another on Flatbush Avenue.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $9,288.00 avg tuition
950 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Areas of Study:
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Visual And Performing Arts
Schools Near Capital Community College
|Rensselaer Hartford Graduate Center Inc||0.4mi|
|Lincoln College of New England-Hartford||1.1mi|
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Hartford||1.1mi|
|Brio Academy of Cosmetology-East Hartford||1.6mi|
|Albert I Prince Technical High School||2.6mi|
|University of Hartford||2.9mi|
|Saint Joseph College||3.1mi|
|Stone Academy-East Hartford||3.5mi|
|International Institute of Cosmetology||4.2mi|
|Manchester Community College||5.7mi|
|Howell Cheney Technical High School||5.8mi|
|Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy-Newington||6.1mi|