Bucks County Community College (Bucks) is a two-year community college located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia. Founded in 1964, Bucks has three campuses and online courses: a main campus in Newtown, an "Upper County" campus in the town of Perkasie, and a "Lower County" campus in the town of Bristol. There are also various satellite facilities located throughout the county.
The mission of Bucks County Community College is "...to provide the County's diverse population of learners accessible, affordable, convenient, and comprehensive educational, training, and cultural opportunities that will equip them to be competent and effective in their work and as citizens of the world." The College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
The main Newtown campus is located on a former estate that Bucks County acquired in very early 1965 from Temple University, which had inherited it from Stella Elkins Tyler, a wealthy benefactor, only two years before. Administrative offices are housed in the George F. Tyler Mansion. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
In May 2006, construction began adjacent to the original Bristol campus to build two new buildings that added and permanently house more classrooms and state-of-the-art laboratories. Part of the new Bristol Campus opened in the Fall semester of 2007, and the second section was completed in Spring of 2008. This facility is now known as the Lower Bucks Campus.
In spring 2010, a new green building was added to the Upper Bucks Campus in Perkasie, with state-of-the-art facilities.
The college offers courses via face-to-face classroom-based instruction, as eLearning classes offered completely online (often referred to as distance learning), and in hybrid (blended) modes that combine face-to-face instruction with online learning.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $9,324.00 avg tuition
275 Swamp Rd
Newtown, PA 18940-4106
Areas of Study:
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Personal And Culinary Services
- Physical Sciences
- Precision Production
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Science Technologies/Technicians
- Visual And Performing Arts
Bucks County Community College Scholarships
|Frankel-Adair Scholarship||$1,500||April 30, 2018|