Bergen Community College is an accredited, co-educational, two-year, public, community college located in Bergen County, New Jersey. Its primary campus is in Paramus where it was built on 9 holes of the Orchard Hills Golf Course, cutting Orchard Hills' size down in half. The school was founded in 1965.
As of 2009[update], more than 17,000 students are enrolled in Associate's degree programs, and another 10,000 students in non-credit, professional development courses through the Division of Continuing Education. The Philip J. Ciarco Learning Center in Hackensack, offers adult basic skills, English as a Second Language, non-credit, and credit courses.
Bergen Community College has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools since 1972, and was most recently reaccredited in 2006. Individual programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs; the National League for Nursing; the American Dental Association; the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology; The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Services; and the American Physical Therapy Association. The Paralegal Studies Program and the Legal Nurse Consultant Program are approved by the American Bar Association.
The president of Bergen Community College is Dr. Kaye Walter.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $6,600.00 avg tuition
400 Paramus Rd
Paramus, NJ 07652-1595
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Visual And Performing Arts
Bergen Community College Scholarships
|Big Red iAvance! Scholarship||$1,000||May 25, 2018|