Coordinates: 42°50′17″N 91°48′00″W / 42.838°N 91.800°W / 42.838; -91.800
Established in 1857, Upper Iowa University (UIU) is a private institution of higher education with its residential campus located in northeast Iowa, United States near the Volga River in the rural community of Fayette, where around 900 students are enrolled.
UIU offers distance education programs that include 15 centers in the U.S., an online program, an independent study program, and centers in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. UIU has a total student enrollment of more than 6,000 students with a 24:1 student-to-faculty ratio (based on university-wide enrollment).
Upper Iowa offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in more than 40 majors, including art, business, conservation management, education, higher education administration, human services, information technology, liberal arts, math, nursing, psychology, science, and more. It operates on two eight-week terms per semester, allowing students to take two classes per term.
UIU is the only NCAA Division II Athletics Program in the state of Iowa and a member of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).
Upper Iowa University is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $23,356.00 avg tuition
605 Washington St
Fayette, IA 52142-1857
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
Schools Near Upper Iowa University
|Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar||23.4mi|
|College of Hair Design||36.6mi|
|La James International College-Cedar Falls||39.2mi|
|Hawkeye Community College||39.2mi|
|University of Northern Iowa||40.4mi|
|Total Look School of Cosmetology & Massage Therapy||40.9mi|
|Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus||41.6mi|
|Divine Word College||51.9mi|
|Carlson College of Massage Therapy||55.7mi|
|Mount Mercy University||58.5mi|
|Mercy/St Luke's School of Radiologic Technology||59.5mi|