Sinclair Community College
University Website: www.sinclair.edu
Apply Online: www.sinclair.edu/stservices/adm/Application/index.cfm
Sinclair Community College is an urban community college located in downtown Dayton, Ohio and is the largest community college at a single location in the state of Ohio.
Sinclair had an enrollment of 25,345 students in 2009, making the main campus one of the largest (by enrollment) community college campuses in North America.
Because of special funding set up by the taxpayers of Montgomery County, the tuition of the college is the lowest in Ohio for residents of that county; the tuition necessary to complete an associate degree program can cost less than a single quarter’s tuition at other colleges.
Sinclair Community College was featured in a 2009 issue of The New York Times. The article explained how community colleges in the United States, like Sinclair, help to create jobs in an unstable economy. The article also stated that Sinclair is widely known as one of the best community colleges in the region.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $6,917.00 avg tuition
444 W. Third St.
Dayton, OH 45402-1460
Areas of Study:
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, And Group Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Military Technologies And Applied Sciences
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Personal And Culinary Services
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Science Technologies/Technicians
- Social Sciences
- Transportation And Materials Moving
- Visual And Performing Arts