Defiance College, located in Defiance, Ohio, USA, is an independent, co-educational liberal arts college affiliated with the United Church of Christ. The campus includes eighteen buildings and access to the 200-acre (80.9 ha) Thoreau Wildlife Sanctuary.
In recent years, Defiance College has gained national recognition for its programs of service and engagement. Defiance College has been named as one of 81 colleges and universities around the country to the Colleges With a Conscience national guidebook published by Princeton Review and Campus Compact. The College was recognized in 2013 as one of the top 20 colleges and universities in the nation for community service and engagement by the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
Defiance College’s vision calls for an educational experience of engagement - civic, cultural, and learning - for all students. Defiance College is home to the McMaster School for Advancing Humanity, a unique research program serving as a focal point for teaching, service, scholarship, and action to improve the human condition. The Service Leadership Program is an intensive campus/community initiative designed to develop leadership and communication skills and cultural awareness. The Carolyn M. Small Honors Program provides exciting research opportunities and the opportunity for students to participate in an honors curriculum.
Defiance College is also home of the Hench Autism Studies Program, an innovative, multi-faceted program designed to specifically address the late adolescent years and the transition of individuals with autism to adulthood.
Recognizing the fundamental responsibility of colleges and universities to educate students committed to the public good, all Defiance College students are provided opportunities to link their academic learning in the classroom with meaningful work in communities locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $25,300.00 avg tuition
701 N Clinton
Defiance, OH 43512
Areas of Study:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Visual And Performing Arts
Schools Near Defiance College
|Northwest State Community College||10.9mi|
|Four County Career Center||10.9mi|
|Institute of Therapeutic Massage Inc||24.7mi|
|Vantage Career Center||31.2mi|
|Bowling Green State University-Main Campus||37.7mi|
|Ohio State Beauty Academy||38.6mi|
|Ravenscroft Beauty College||38.8mi|
|University of Northwestern Ohio||38.9mi|
|Trine University-Regional/Non-Traditional Campuses||40.0mi|
|ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne||40.0mi|
|The University of Findlay||40.4mi|
|Regency Beauty Institute-Toledo||40.6mi|
|Concordia Theological Seminary||40.7mi|