$5,000 Discover® Student Loans Scholarship
No essay required. Students and parents are eligible to win.
• Posts calorie information in the dining hall.
• Caters to students with food allergies by giving them their own special station in the cafeteria.
• Keeps a dietician on staff to help students make healthy eating choices.
• Provides information on local food trucks with sustainable ingredients and cooking practices.
Niche No Essay Scholarship
Quick and Easy to Apply for a $2,000 Scholarship
• Options for vegetarians, vegan and gluten-free.
• Recipes available online so students can create their own healthy options.
• Sources from local farms.
$2,000 CollegeXpress Scaredy Cat Scholarship
In just one sentence: What scares you most about the college admission process?
• Provides opportunities for students to farm the campus garden.
• Options for vegetarians.
• Hosts an out-of-this-world brunch with a make-your-own-omelet station. 4. Washington University in St. Louis (St. Louis, MO) • Features labeling system that notifies you if your food contains dairy, eggs, nuts, shellfish, soy and wheat.
• Provides entire meals with less than 10% saturated fats, low sodium and lean-meat or plant-based protein.
• Hosts small cooking classes centered around dieticians’ advice and cultural themes. 3. The University of Georgia (Athens, GA) • Boasts some of the highest quality food on a college campus according to its students.
• Provides labels that indicate meals that have less than 30% calories from fat.
• Includes vegetarian and vegan meal options. 2. The University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) • Hosts a weekly farmers market that is exclusive to students on the college campus.
• Features plenty of green options like kale, chard and steamed vegetables with a variety of sauces on the side.
• Includes an extensive salad bar in the residential dining hall.
• Keeps a dietician on staff who acts as a resource for students to eat well 1. Clemson University (Clemson, SC) • Provides a full listing of meals and nutritional information for each dining hall online.
• Cooks with sustainable products.
• Prepares meals as close to mealtime as possible.
• Educates its students on nutrition and best cooking practices.
• Maintains a culturally diverse menu.
• Features everything from Southern comfort food to fresh, organic meals.