$5,000 Discover® Student Loans Scholarship
No essay required. Students and parents are eligible to win.
1. Remain committed to your classes once you turn in your college applicationsIt may seem like the rest of your senior year will be simple now that the hardest work (submitting your college applications) is complete, but the school you decide to attend will review your final semester grades. Your future college or university may even decide to rescind its offer of admission if your academic performance is poor. This means that you must commit to your classes. This is especially true if you will sit for AP exams at the end of the year. Though your AP scores won’t necessarily affect your admissions prospects, they can partially determine how many credits you enter college with.
Niche No Essay Scholarship
Quick and Easy to Apply for a $2,000 Scholarship
2. Start to form effective study habits (or improve those study habits you have now)
$2,000 CollegeXpress Scaredy Cat Scholarship
In just one sentence: What scares you most about the college admission process?
3. Take advantage of all the opportunities your school and community has to offerDon’t worry – your semester’s goals can (and should) involve more than your schoolwork! Senior year may be one of your last chances to try any number of new possibilities in your hometown. Take a look around and see what you have not had a chance to explore before – perhaps there is a great musical that the drama club will be performing soon? Alternatively, this week or this month might be the ideal time to attend the photography club’s outing to a local park. You might even ask your friends to join you. There may also be a wealth of fantastic senior activities and traditions to take part in – prom, senior week, sporting events, graduation, and so on. Remember to make as many high school memories as you can while you can. And, most important of all, have fun!
Samantha Brody is a professional tutor and contributing writer for Varsity Tutors. She received her Bachelor's degree in Anthropology from Northwestern University in 2014.
- January College Checklist for High School Seniors
- Spring Semester Prep List for High School Students
- Seize the Moment: A Senior Year Bucket List