Here are some ideas of activities to utilize within your scholarship club:
• Aid one another with searches, applications and editing essays
• Ask previous scholarship winners to mentor the club members
• Ask the school faculty to provide comments on club member’s essays and applications
• Work together with club members to make sure everyone’s social media information is appropriate (scholarship providers often review this when considering finalists)
Scholarship workshops can be very beneficial, especially if you’re not very familiar with the entire search process from start to finish. Talk to your guidance counselor about holding scholarship workshops, since winning scholarships is always a combination between skill andluck. Your guidance counselor can hold workshops on a variety of topics, including (but not limited to):
• Searching for scholarships (either online or through other forms of research)
• Covering the basics: how-to apply for scholarships
• Writing your personal statement
• Essay writing
• Exploring and articulating your accomplishments
• Business attire and etiquette
• Interview skills and practice
• Scholarship taxability
• Scholarship scam awareness
• Application 101
• Application mistakes
• Drafting thank-you letters
Once you bring a scholarship club together, you’ll all be better more prepared and on the right track to scholarship search success.
It’s always important to keep in mind, that the more scholarships you apply for, the better your odds. But, always remember, you can’t win if you don’t apply.
Do you have a scholarship club at your school? Would you consider starting one now?
You Might Also Like
Earn a Scholarship today!
Quick and Easy to Apply
Easy to Apply For