Get Your Custom List of Scholarships to Help Pay for School. Sign Up Now!
Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, financial aid & more.
- Go to the store and buy $80 worth of the beverage of your choice (legal stuff only please!) or another prize of your choosing. Remember, quantity not quality is usually key here.
- Assemble it in a basket or bucket that makes the prize look ample.
- Set a raffle date.
- Price tickets accordingly. Usually raffle tickets can sell anywhere from $1 to $5. The cheaper the tickets, the more people will usually buy.
- Take the bucket door to door in the dorms, set it on display at a table in a high-traffic area or take a picture of the prize to carry with you while selling tickets. You can also place an add in the college newspaper’s classified section advertising where to buy tickets.
- Start selling tickets and collecting the cash.
- Pick a winner and give the prize away! Of course if you’re going for the tail gate auction, there are no tickets necessary—but a lot of chutzpah required. Just show up at the tail gate party with the opposing team’s jersey on and scream to the crowd that you’ll give the jersey up to the highest bidder. (Please wear SOMETHING underneath).
Whatever way you go, in the end, you’ll be up several hundred bucks.