1. Prepare QuestionsYou might want to start off with asking your roommate questions about themselves, their likes and dislikes, living preferences, etc. Some good ones to start off with are:
• Are you a morning person or a night owl?
• What kind of relationship do you want as roommates? (Friends, acquaintances, etc.)
• How would you describe your sleeping habits?
• How would you describe your studying habits?
• Are you an introvert or extrovert?
• On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your cleanliness?
2. Create Your Living Space TogetherShare ideas of how you want your dorm room to look, you can bond together by creating a comfortable and cool living space. You can create DIY projects together to spruce up the room. You might even bond while doing it! By working together to make your dorm the best it can be, you may discover that you have similar ideas and interests helping you to discover what you have in common.
3. Go Do Something FunBoth of you are most likely new to the town you will be living in, so go out and explore! Find a fun place where the other college students hang out, or a place you’re both interested in. Have dinner at a new restaurant, go see a movie, go shopping, these are all good ways to break the ice with your new roommate. Remember, if things don’t work out between you two as well as you had hoped, don’t get discouraged. If a problem arises, you can always contact your RA for help. Good luck!
You Might Also Like
Earn a Scholarship today!
Quick and Easy to Apply
Easy to Apply For