• Maintain the healthy nutrition choices! I'm finding that I feel better when I eat better and have some sort of physical activity. I even signed up for a yoga class this semester so I will be kick-starting my Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m. with some Zen time!
• Strengthen my relationships with the friends I have at Hofstra. The unfortunate reality is that not everyone is planning on staying in the area. It's scary to think that I've spent four years practically living next to these people and within months, some of them will be across the country.
• Take advantage of guidance. I need to take advantage of any mentors that I have found among my professors, administration or older peers. Their knowledge and advice will be my building blocks for the crazy times ahead of me.
• Cut back severely on ordering take-out. There are a ton of restaurants around my school, and since I have a car, nothing stops me from ordering my favorite dish -- grilled chicken salad with mozzarella cheese (no onions or olives) and pita bread - three times a week. I'm trying to keep the cash in my pocket.
• Buy coffee in the cafeteria instead of at Starbucks. At my internship's café, it's only 75 cents when you bring your own travel mug. At the Penn Station Starbucks, it can cost over three dollars a day. Do the math! Hopefully I'll be able to stick with the resolutions I've made. I'll keep you updated along the way and let you know how I'm doing.
You Might Also Like
Quick and Easy
Join to Enter
Save up to 50%