Fastweb Counts Down the 10 Largest College Football Stadiums
Top 10 largest college football stadiums.
By Leah Westfall
August 15, 2014
Like it or not football season is upon us, and we’re not talking about the NFL. We mean real football –college football! If this is the time of year you wait for all year long, and not because of the changing leaves and apple cider, your time has come.
Surround yourself with all the face-painted, chest-bumping, cheerleading, fight song-singing, beer-drinking football fanatics you can handle. Below we list the top ten largest college football stadiums. The list was compiled based on the sheer capacity each stadium is reported to hold as stated on the school or venue’s website.
10. Tiger Stadium, Louisiana State University – Now known as “Death Valley” (originally “Deaf Valley for is screaming fans) this stadium holds 92,542 fans.
9. Sanford Stadium, University of Georgia – Games played “between the hedges” (the game field is known for its hedges) can be viewed by 92,746 fans.
8. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, University of Southern California – This historic stadium has been home to USC since 1923 and seats 93,607.
7. The Rose Bowl, University of California, Los Angeles – Known for its New Year’s Tournament of Roses Football Game this is home to the UCLA Bruins seating 94,392 fans.
6. Darrell K Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium, University of Texas – Break out the burnt orange and join 100,119 Longhorns fans here.
5. Bryant-Denny Stadium, University of Alabama — Roll tide with the 101,821 other dedicated Alabama fans at this historical stadium.
4. Ohio Stadium, Ohio State – Get lost in a sea of scarlet and gray in this stadium of 102,329, don’t forget your buckeye necklace!
3. Neyland Stadium, University of Tennessee – Watch Big Orange football alongside 102,455 fans.
2. Beaver Stadium, Penn State University – Coming in second the Nittany Lions play in front of 106,572 fans.
1. Michigan Stadium, University of Michigan – They call it “The Big House” for a reason, with the 2010 renovations this place packs a record 109,901, making it the largest college football field in the U.S.
Need Money to Pay for College?
Every semester, Fastweb helps thousands of students pay for school by matching them to scholarships, grants, and internships, for which they actually qualify. You'll find scholarships like the Course Hero's $5,000 Scholarship, and easy to enter scholarships like Niche $2,000 No Essay Scholarship, and internships with companies like Apple, Google, Dreamworks, and even NASA!